Our History

  • January 20, 1907

    Trinity is Organized

    First service held January 20, Church organized, 38 charter members
  • January 1, 1908

    We Moved!

    Trinity moved to 759 Linden Avenue
  • September 4, 1910

    First Building

    The first building was dedicated September 4.
  • January 1, 1921

    Self-Supporting

    The congregation became self-supported and was no longer on mission church status.
  • September 5, 1927

    Ground Breaking

    Ground was broken on a new and the current structure September 5
  • May 7, 1928

    Building Dedication

    The new church building was dedicated May 7
  • March 10, 1933

    Earthquake!

    An earthquake nearly destroyed the building on March 10
  • January 1, 1943

    Lutheran World Relief

    Began support for the newly established Lutheran World Relief
  • January 1, 1946

    Newsletter

    TheTrinity Trumpeter was first published
  • January 1, 1948

    Adjacent Property Purchased

    The property adjacent to church was purchased
  • January 6, 1955

    Arson!

    An arsonist set fire to the sanctuary on January 6 causing $30,000 damage
  • January 1, 1991

    Kids Club

    Saturday Kids Club began
  • November 26, 2003

    Ecumenical Service

    Held the first annual ecumenical Thanksgiving service with St. Luke's Episcopal Church
  • January 1, 2007

    Centennial

    Trinity celebrated its 100th anniversary
  • January 1, 2008

    New Media

    Trinity's first website went online
  • January 1, 2010

    Saturday Outreach Program began

ajax-loader-gif